WFPHA offers a unique environment for an internship for students in international health and development. Interns are given substantial responsibility for performing activities such as researching and writing articles for the newsletter, establishing contact with health and development NGOs around the world, planning international conferences, and fundraising. Each internship is structured to suit the needs and interests of the intern, such as working on an individual research assignment, as well as the requirements of WFPHA. During the course of the internship, interns will further develop their writing and research skills and become more familiar with the key issues and actors in international health and development. They will have extensive networking opportunities as WFPHA is an international NGO in official relations with WHO, and has extensive contacts with other organizations worldwide.
- Research and write articles on relevant public health topics.
- Establish and maintain contacts with health and development NGOs globally.
- Assist in planning international conferences.
- Participate in fundraising activities.
- Develop PowerPoint summaries of data, focusing on oral and public health.
Who You Are
- Student or graduate degree in the area of International Relations, Health related Faculties or are enrolled in the degree program.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Adobe
- English is a must.
- Good writing skills
Nice To Haves
- Good at multi-tasking and working with strict deadlines
- A good team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Eager to work within a multicultural and international environment